Thursday 4 September 2014

Something to celebrate...

 
Hi Guys,

I love the little luxuries in life and spending the afternoon sipping tea and having a good catch up is definitely one of my favourite things to do.

Last week I headed to Clitheroe for celebratory afternoon tea with my mum after work. It was such a lovely way to start the weekend I thought I would share some of my photos and thoughts with you.

 
It was a rainy Friday afternoon so it was nice to shelter in the warmth of the Garden Kitchen nursery tearoom in Holden just outside Clitheroe...


We pre-ordered our ‘Picnic’ afternoon tea so it came quickly and chose to toast with a glass of pink bubbly too. We have both recently received exciting news about new adventures and jobs so it was lovely to make plans for the future and celebrate life.

Our quirky, miniature picnic benches came with a delicious selection of pastries and sandwiches as well as sweets and snacks. I love this idea of putting the platter on quaint, twee benches adding a little twist to the afternoon tea experience.


 
We also ordered tea afterwards and sat chatting about life until it closed around 5.
The tea room is at the center of a cute little garden center, I snapped a picture of this strawberry plant just before I left! I would love to grow my own fruit one day!

Let me know if you have ever been to The Garden Kitchen, in Clitheroe and if you enjoyed it. I would also love to hear any recommendations for afternoon tea in the north or London. I am always open to a bit of cake and tea.

Thanks for visiting!

Follow me on Instagram for lots more cake related adventures!
Instagram
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig