Sunday 21 May 2017

Style | My Favourite Summer Prints


I haven't written a style post in a while so as summer approaches I thought I would let you have a little peek inside my wardrobe as I share my favourite summer prints and patterns. 




 Gingham
First up is, yep you guessed it, gingham. Whether it is ditsy and sweet or statement and colourful, this years most loved pattern is super versitle and easy to wear. 

I picked up this cute summery number from Glamorous in a local shop in town and loved how it ticked so many trend boxes at once. The print is just the right size and doesn't make your eyes go funny like some smaller checks do, it also has a lovely frill detail around the bust and sleeves. I thought it was a great top to wear on a sunny weekend tucked into high waisted jeans, we are off to California in a few weeks too, so it would also look great paired with shorts or a midi skirt whilst there.

Floral
It wouldn't be summer without a little floral print would it? I love seeing new ways to wear floral and this year I am obsessed with ditsy floral embroidery. A sort of folk meets vintage vibe, this trend is so sweet and gives any outfit a feminine touch. I am dreaming of a white ruffle top with a delicate line of florals running down the front and loose fitted off the shoulder dresses, this Topshop number is perfection.

Stripes
For a more classic print that will last through to autumn as well as ticking all the boxes this summer, you can't go wrong with stripes. This year they are everywhere in every colour. For more of the folk trend go for a soft blue and white stripe dress with a tie waist, or if you want something a little more exciting this Asos asymetrical dress is a dream. I love a classic black and white wide stripe cullotte, I picked up a pair in the Zara sale last year and no doubt they will be worn to rags again this summer, LOVE!
  

I am slowly building up a holiday wardrobe ready for Cali next month and I am sure a few of these prints will be going in the suitcase. 

I would love to know what your favourite summer prints are this year? Leave a comment below as I am always on the look out for fun prints to liven up my wardrobe.

Thanks for reading,
Anna 
x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig